,April 7, 2021
Image: Danielle Minnebo
This is definitely not the prettiest dish, but it makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal.
- 1 corn cob
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 50g free-range ham
- 50g goat’s feta
- Preheat oven to 200˚C and line a small square baking dish with greaseproof baking paper.
- Remove the kernels from the corn cob and add them to the baking dish, with the mushrooms, red onion, kale, olive oil and sea salt. Mix together well and bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Remove tray from the oven, create 4 pockets among the roasted vegetables and crack an egg into each. Push the ham into pockets among the vegetables and then scatter over the goat’s feta.
- Bake for a further 15 mins until the eggs have just set.
- Serve with sourdough toast and enjoy!
Danielle is a university-qualified nutritionist, a passionate home cook and founder of Food to Nourish. Danielle’s love affair with cooking started at a very young age in the kitchen where she was taught to cook by her mother. Danielle is passionate about helping people form a better understanding of nutrition and a healthier relationship with the food they eat. In fact, she’s on a mission to help spread the real food message to as many people as possible. Throughout her work as a nutritionist, Danielle’s basic principles have always come back to how we cook and prepare our food. She believes it really is as simple as combining wholefood ingredients in the right way to create tasty dishes that are nutrient-dense and full of flavour.
These savoury muffins would be delicious at a picnic served with some butter alongside a fresh salad and get the…
This is a dish that keeps on giving, packed with poached pears, spicy rocket, crunchy hazelnuts and salty parmesan —…
Packed with nutritious chickpeas, veggies and flavour to boot, this vegetarian tagine helps maintain healthy energy levels and tastes delicious!