To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5

A machete-wielding thug who ambushed security guards in a series of ‘appalling’ cash in transit robberies has been jailed for 14 years.

Adrian Treleven, 26, and his getaway driver Remelle Stewart, 18, targeted Loomis and G4S workers in three separate raids between February 21 and March 10 last year.

But they left empty-handed each time when the guards bravely fought back.

Shocking footage recorded by their body-worn cameras captured the moment balaclava-clad Treleven attacked with the huge blade.

The pair first attempted to rob a security guard outside a TK Maxx, in Walsall.

He desperately clung on to it as a passer-by rushed over to help fight the thug off.

Treleven fled in a stolen Ford S-Max driven by Stewart before the pair struck a second time three days later at a Toby Carvery in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

The guard on that occasion had just made a collection from the pub when he felt Treleven grab him from behind and haul him to the ground.

He held on to his cash box and managed to punch Treleven in the face as he screamed: ‘Drop the box.’

When the victim refused, Treleven ran to the car and yelled at driver Stewart: ‘Run him over. Run him over.’

Stewart was caught on camera driving at the victim, who leapt backwards on to the van’s safety ledge before the car smashed into the van and crushed his leg.

The yobs sped off as the guard – who said he had never been so afraid for his life – used the cash box to hit out at the car.

Finally, the men targeted a third guard who had been working at a Co-Op on Stafford Road in Huntingdon, Staffordshire, on March 10.

The victim’s body-worn camera shows him lunging with an 18 inch machete and the victim was left with a deep gash to his arm.

West Midlands Police pieced together the movements of the pair using CCTV and mobile phone data and the pair were later arrested.

Treleven, of no fixed address, was jailed for 14 years on Monday after admitting conspiracy to rob at Birmingham Crown Court.

Stewart, of Handsworth, Birmingham, was jailed for four years after admitting the same charge.

The court heard he was under the control of Treleven, and was just 17 at the time of the offences.

Detective Sergeant Tom Frenchum, from the Force Priorities Team, said: ‘This was an appalling series of attempted robberies which left the victims in real fear for their lives.

‘You can clearly see that as each attempt failed, they were becoming more and more desperate and so were resorting to increasing levels of violence.

‘People working in the cash transport industry do a really important job and should be able to go about their work without being attacked, and these sentences reflect that.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Get your need-to-know
latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more

Sam Corbishley

Read Source

Please Share, Rate & Comment On This Post Below - Thank You!